Definition: need (noun)
1. a requirement, necessary duty, or obligation: There is no need for you to go there.
2. a lack of something wanted or deemed necessary: to fulfill the needs of the assignment.
3. urgent want, as of something requisite: He has no need of your charity.
4. necessity arising from the circumstances of a situation orcase: There is no need to worry.
5. a situation or time of difficulty; exigency: to help a friend in need; to be a friend in need.
Definition: want (verb)
1. to feel a need or desire for; wish for: to want one’s dinner; always wanting something new.
2. to wish, need, crave, demand, or desire (often followed by an infinitive): I want to see you.
3. to be without or be deficient in: to want judgment; to want knowledge.
The chasm between greed (want) and practicality (need) is considerable.
It’s best to figure out the difference between the two – for you, or find a way to balance them.
- What do you merely want?
- What do you truly need?
- Is there a clear distinction between the two?
If not, find it.
Figuring out the difference between what you want and need is a step in the right direction toward wellness!
Clarifying your intentions helps align your actions.
How do you balance needs and wants? Please comment below and share your wisdom!