Today’s Guest Post comes from Anca Marinescu of www.amAccupuncture.com.
Anca and I met at a local business networking function and I was immediately drawn to her sense of presence and well-being. Anca is a certified acupuncturist who helps people relieve pain and stress daily.
She recently shared this tip in her newsletter, and I thought that it was a great reminder for us mompreneurs out there… of using meditation as one powerful way to relieve stress.
Did you know?
The word “meditation” comes from a Greek word that means “to be mindful.” The practice of meditation can help you tame your mind and overcome anxieties, agitation, and habitual thought patterns. The regular practice of meditation creates a continuing sense of well-being, leaving us feeling confident and calm.
How to Meditate
- Create a quiet, relaxing environment, with comforting items (candles, incense, art that has spiritual importance to you, etc.) around you.
- Sit upright on a cushion with your legs folded, or in a chair with your feet firmly planted on the ground, allowing for easy breathing. Relax your shoulders and gently place your hands on your knees or in your lap.
- Tuck your chin in slightly and keep your eyes half open, your gaze softly focusing downward about four to six feet in front, and your mouth slightly open.
- Observe your breath. Try belly-breathing, not breathing with the chest, but from the navel. Don’t accentuate or alter the way you are breathing, just let your attention rest on the flow of your breath.
- The goal is to allow the “chattering” in your mind to gradually fade away. If you are distracted by a thought, gently bring your mind back to your breathing.
- Continue to focus on your breathing for 10 or 15 minutes. Stay relaxed, yet awake and attentive. Finding a balance there is not easy!
[Tweet “Meditation as one powerful way to relieve #stress. Learn how to do it with these tips. “]
Eventually, as your body understands what you are doing, meditation will become easier. Remember to be gentle and patient with yourself. Meditating for even 5 or 10 minutes can have a powerful effect on your day.
Try meditating today!
If you are a mompreneur who needs help managing time, and relieving stress, first – go here to sign up for my DIY Home Makeover Program. Get Organized To Keep Your Family Sane! When you sign up, you’ll also receive weekly audio files to help you take baby steps to tackle those undone areas throughout your home!
Second – consider signing up for AWAKE! Manage Your Time To Love Your Life! – my group coaching course that helps you manage your time from the inside out.
Do you meditate? How do you find the time to meditate? How has it created less stress for you? Please share your sanity tips in the comment box below!
About Anca Marinescu
Anca Marinescu, LAc, Dipl Ac (NCCAOM) graduated with honors from Tri-State College of Acupuncture where she received extensive training under master practitioners of several acupuncture styles. She continued her education at the International Acupuncture Training Institute in Beijing interning in hospital acupuncture clinics, and as an Acupuncture Fellow at a major New York hospital giving her unique experience with integrative, hospital based clinical training. She is now in private practice providing acupuncture in New York City and North Eastern Pennsylvania.
With knowledge of multiple acupuncture styles and a deep regard for her clients, Anca has successfully treated people who had not experienced great results from previous treatments.