If you are a busy mompreneur struggling with clutter in your home realize that getting organized is a means to an end.
Whether your goal is to simplify, create space, reduce unwanted items, save time, have less stress, be happy, healthy, wealthy…. Whatever you wish, you must create space, clarity and alignment to make it happen.
- Do papers end up on the counter?
- Does sports equipment clutter your garage entryway?
- Does it seem that clutter never stops?
If you are currently packed in… here is a tip to kick start your action to let things go…
- Grab your digital camera
- Take pictures from every angle in your cluttered room and
- View those pictures in another space. (I like to upload the photos to my big screen computer – suddenly things appear that you never knew were there!)
- Highlight trouble areas that you’d like to fix.
- Go into the room with painters tape and section off the area you’re choosing for a clutter intervention.
- Get BUSY! But ONLY work on the area you’ve sectioned off until it’s clear.
Studies have shown that when you take a photo, then remove yourself from the actual cluttered space, you can be more objective in what you perceive. A picture will show you where trouble areas and log-jams exist in your home. Once you analyze what is not working, you can prioritize where to begin. But beware… If you’re just starting out – limit yourself to a small area… and use the painters tape to serve as a boundary to stay within until you clear it!
How do you eat an elephant? One step at a time! It works.