Busy mompreneurs struggle with getting it all done, and as a result their own needs fall by the wayside.
Taking care of you should be first on the list…
Take Care of You
As always… a happier, healthier you – is a much better, easier, more successful, more magnificent, more confident and no doubt sexier YOU. This one really should be first, but I believe in saving the best for last… Hey – Stop making excuses for yourself and reasons you are not meeting your own needs. Until you take care of you – you’ll never truly meet the needs of your family, your partner, your clients…. Without self-care, all you’ll have is a collapsed pile of cards on the table. Take care of you right now.
How do you feel on a scale of 1-10 right this second. Do a systems check – body aches/pains, eyes, head, shallow breathing… etc.
Give yourself a score on a scale of 1-10.
NOW try this:
- Close your eyes
- Breathe in deeply 5 times
- Open your eyes
- Get up
- Reach out and stretch, bend over to stretch your legs, shake your arms out,
- Jump up and down a few times
- Walk around – Get yourself a drink of water
- Come back and give yourself a score…
- Higher? or Lower score than before??
I truly want you to do this little physical exercise for yourself and be sure to take a quick pulse on your before and after…
These simple practices have literally THOUSANDS of years of proof that they work…
Here is your sanity assignment for this week:
- Take regular breaks daily and do something physical.
- Spend at least 20 minutes doing something you love daily.
- Stop working at a set time daily and do the exercise above.
- Reach out to a different friend or family member each day who makes you feel alive, invigorated and well!
- Play a game with your kids.
- Enjoy a long hot bubblebath.
- Schedule and take a date night (whether you’re single or a couple – schedule a special night where you go out on a date and unplug).
- Fix a healthy snack with real food each day (not from a package!)
Do more of taking care of you. The time invested will ALWAYS be worth the payoff on the other end!
[Tweet “These simple practices have literally THOUSANDS of years of proof that they work. #selfcare”]
Share, Like & Comment!
What are your self-care practices? How do you treat yourself? What advice do you have to share? Please share your tips on how YOU take care of YOU below!