What can a professional association membership do for you and your business?
Build Confidence & Camaraderie
[Tweet “Healthy association members support and help one another in reaching your professional goals.”]
Deepen Knowledge & Expand Expertise
Most associations provide access to valuable resources and information such as: case studies, articles, white papers and books written by experts in your field or area of interest. Also, major journal, magazine and newsletter access is provided as a part of your membership privileges. Other benefits may include seminars, training, workshops or enhanced certification opportunities for you. Often classes happen virtually so you don’t even have to leave your home. Adding your association logo on your website and business cards can be a great way to encourage prospects to select you over another service provider in your area.
Additionally, associations often sponsor events, and can even be a source for pro-bono opportunities that can enhance your public profile and offer you expanded exposure. You can receive scholarship information, access to publications, and awards for persons achieving excellence in their field.
- I can take advantage of discounts and coupons as a member
- I keep up-to-date with what is current in my industry
- I have regional associations, partnerships, collaborators and a referral base
- I have the opportunity to teach and mentor others
- I can volunteer and support the group
- Membership guarantees access to business development resources and mentors
- Group insurance is available to members
- Members receive valuable industry-specific publications
- I can use membership to enhance my marketing
- I learn new skills from members, speakers, professional development opportunities
- I love the national and regional conferences
- I’ve found some of my best friends as a member of this association
- I’m able to brainstorm and mastermind with other members to share ideas and solutions that impact my business
- I have the opportunity to lead, learn and grow
- I’m able to earn new credentials and gain certification
- Membership allows me to securely and unapologetically raise my rates
- I am introduced to local business leaders and have enhanced my network
- I can openly share and receive referrals from other members knowing my clients will be well-treated and professionally handled.
Uplevel Your Network: The Power Of One
Another important reason to consider a membership to a professional organization is to take advantage of other members’ resources and knowledge base. In my workshop: How To Convert Low-Cost Networking, I talk about the power of one great business connection and how that person can lead to endless referrals. Associations are comprised of people who are typically like you – in some way or another. When you have shared camaraderie and shared interests, passion, and professions, you instantly uplevel your referral base. You’re able to connect with opportunities and leads through other members. Often, opportunities that are the most prime, never show up to the outside market… but insiders always know. Being a valuable, valued association member gets you a back-room pass to some of the coolest opportunities, offers, and engagements. (Listen to my podcast: Cashing In On Low-Cost Networking)
Your Sanity Assignment
What is one association you’ve been thinking of joining that would help you to further your professional and personal goals? What one step could you take this week to learn more about membership? Please share your thoughts in the comments below. And if you know other business owners who may benefit from this post – don’t be shy… Please share it with your tribe using the share buttons below!