Social media has dramatically affected what was once defined as marketing and advertising for small businesses. In order to be in the game, you really need a savvy social media strategy to not only be found online, but to also enhance your brand image out in the world.
Use these five tricks to save yourself time and energy, and get the biggest payoff for your time spent on social media.
[Tweet “Learn 5 Tricks to Savvy Social Media Strategy!”]
5 tricks to enhance your social media strategies
Trick 1. Use the 3 C’s in all of your social profiles
- Create – To be a successful business owner today, you’ll need to have some degree of content creation. For those of us who love to write, share and teach – this doesn’t seem to be a problem. BUT – if you have writer’s block, or hate writing in general – content creation could be your nemesis. Good thing there are several different platforms to explore and use to get your message out there. Do you prefer a highly visual interface? Try your hand at creating visual content: Quotes over images, or infographics work well. OR, perhaps you prefer video. Both will help you get over the dreaded writer’s block while helping you tap into your creative power!
- Curate – One of the best ways to increase your online engagement is to curate other people’s content. It can be made easier by a crystal clear focus on your client and their needs. Follow hashtags (#) and keywords online, or set up Google Alerts that will send relevant articles in your area of expertise right to your inbox. These tools make it so easy to share content with others regularly!
- Consistency – The key to social media is consistency. The good news is – you get to define what consistency looks like for you! Do you spend a period of time daily on social media, or do you save your sharing and commenting for a couple times per week? No matter what you decide – pick a ‘doable’ strategy, and then stick to it! Be sure you’re sending regular Emails/Newsletters to your tribe that offer value and support.
Trick 2. Vary Your Approach
- It really doesn’t matter whether you choose to write a blog, post videos, send audio (or podcast), or use more visually appealing tools like images and infographics, what matters is that you are consistent in your message yet vary your approach. Let’s face it, people want to be entertained… so – your spontaneity and ability to get your message across using different tools will appeal to many different audiences!
Trick 3. Sprinkle Product Offers ‘lightly’
- Those of us who’ve been in the game know – You need to go lightly with your product offers on social media. Social media is SOCIAL! SO – Be SOCIAL! Would you be attracted to the person at the cocktail party with a dozen business cards in her hands, forcing one on each new person she meets?? If that is not really appealing in a real social situation, you can bet it will turn people off in cyber space.
- When you want to make offers, do so lightly – and be sure you balance what you offer so that things feel welcoming and appealing, and not too forceful. One of the best strategies I’ve seen is to offer a ‘free taste’ of something in the form of a download, or a live or recorded event to ‘call your ideal clients forward and then, once assembled, you can make your offer to a group who is ready to receive what you’re putting out there.
Trick 4. Guests: Be One, Host Them
- Another way to enhance your social media savvy is to offer spots for guest bloggers! Everyone wins when you engage guests. Your guests get to highlight and share their expertise with your followers (and hopefully attract new people to them), you get to expand your collegueal network, and your followers get a payoff of learning new things! One hidden trick, you have one less piece of content to produce by yourself that week!
5. Live Engagement
- One last time (at least in this article!) – the whole point of social media is to be social over the internet… As such, you have to actually engage with other people when they engage with you! Live engagement is the key to a successful social media strategy. If you’re just putting stuff out there to put it out there and stay busy, but not connecting with your clients and followers… just quit now. NO Really. The whole point is to be social – not just the noisiest one at the party. When people comment – comment back! When people ask a question, respond! This is the best way to remain social and stay in front of your audience. Remember, there is a reason for the Comment boxes and Share buttons… Do it regularly and you’ll watch your social media status soar!
As always – your success will be achieved when you are able to be consistently social just being you! Always honor your own boundaries and keep yourself on track by staying consistent! If you need some help with your social media approach, check out the Biz Marketing Makeover Group Coaching Program! Turn your business around and turn up your marketing within 6 months with everything you need to get your social strategy on track!
Today’s Sanity Assignment
Where do you need to focus more to enhance your social media strategy? Please share in the comment box below, and then share this post on another of your favorite social sites so others can join the conversation too! Thanks so much –