Get Productive with Social Media Management Tools
Social media has become one of the top ways for businesses to promote themselves online, as well as to connect with their audiences in a more meaningful way. As a mompreneur, social media can be a lifesaver. It helps you get your business out there at a small cost, helps you find and connect with your target audience more easily and it allows you to promote your business efficiently. In this blog post, I’m going to share the top 5 ways mompreneurs can use social media management tools to increase their productivity.
As a mompreneur myself, I’ve used social media for years now as a means of promoting myself and my business. Without it, I likely wouldn’t have gotten to the point I am today, so I’m not scared to say that it’s been a huge part of my professional success.
That said, social media can be a bit much, especially as you’re growing in popularity. You start getting more mentions, you need to keep track of more people, and you need to do more and more in order to stand out from the competition. This is where a good social media management tool can become a lifesaver. With the right features, a tool can help you get better results, faster.
In this blog post, I want to share with you exactly how you can use these features to grow your success:
Monitoring for opportunities
One of the best parts about using a social media management tool is that you can easily monitor keywords, hashtags and conversations to discover various opportunities.
Social media monitoring, when used right, can help you find potential leads, more targeted followers and people that you can engage with.
Most tools have a monitoring function, as it is one of the most important management features. Use it to:
- Monitor mentions of your name or business: Staying on top of your mentions means you can quickly respond and never lose an opportunity to engage with a user
- Find opportunities to engage: Monitor relevant keywords and hashtags from your niche to discover users and conversation that you can take part in, to help you raise your engagement, as well as to find more, targeted followers
- Customer service: Whenever someone uses social media for customer service, it’s important to solve it quickly, so as to improve customer retention and avoid any PR issues
- Discover potential leads: By monitoring relevant keywords, you can find potential leads that you can then nurture via social media
- Discover influencers: Monitor the top hashtags in your niche to identify the top social influencers sharing great content. You can then use the opportunity to further share their content as part of your content marketing strategy, or to connect with influencers and build relationships with them.
Organizing your publishing in an editorial calendar
One of the things that many fail to do when using social media for marketing purposes, is that they don’t plan out their content updates and strategy.
Planning out your updates, at the very least, helps you both with saving time and with getting better results because you can:
- make sure you never miss out on an opportunity to reach your audience.
- Save time by scheduling updates.
- Make sure your updates are posted even when you can’t be online.
- Always have updates at the ready, planned strategically to maximize your results.
Depending on the resources you have available, try to spend some time at least once a month to plan out your content strategically:
- Blog posts that you are planning to share: Save time by scheduling your blog posts to go out on social media.
- Social media campaigns: If you have a specific social media campaign in the works, plan out the updates that you are going to send out.
- Events: If you’re creating an event or taking part, schedule out your teaser updates ahead of time to maximize attendance.
- Images and videos: Plan and schedule the visual content you want to publish on social media.
Managing your connections more efficiently
Another useful feature that you’ll find in some of the top social media management tools is a customer relationship management (CRM, for short) tool.
With a CRM tool, you can more easily organize your contacts and keep better track of them so you don’t miss out on opportunities, as well as so you can more easily nurture your leads.
Use the tool to:
- Organize your contacts: Use custom tags and other identifiers to place your contacts into different categories. For example, if you have a potential client as a contact on social media, tag him as such. This way, you will know which contacts you need to nurture in order to turn them into clients.
- Manage your customer service: Keeping track of past conversations can help you manage your customer service more easily and efficiently.
- Keep track of influencers: Social media is a great platform for influencer marketing, for example connecting with and building up relationships with influencers. By organizing them properly, you’ll also have them handy for whenever you need to engage with them in conversation in order to build up the relationship.
- Keep track of your best followers: Some tools, like Agorapulse, for example, will automatically let you know when you have any brand ambassadors in your contacts list. Otherwise, keep track of those in your audience who consistently engage with you and share your content, so that you nurture those relationships over time.
Now, the only issue is finding the right tool for your needs. Thankfully, you can even use a tool to compare social media management tools based on price and features. Make full use of its features, and it will make your life that much easier as it helps you organize your social media and plan out your social media strategy.
Please share your thoughts and comments
What are some of the ways you are using social media tools to increase your productivity and results? Please share with us your wisdom in the comment box below!
Thank you so much Lilach! As mompreneurs, productivity tools are crucial to our business success!
To contact Lilach directly, you may find her at www.lilachbullock.com.
Highly regarded on the world speaker circuit, Lilach Bullock has graced Forbes and Number 10 Downing Street. She’s a hugely connected and highly influential entrepreneur. Listed in Forbes as one of the top 20 women social media power influencers and was crowned the Social Influencer of Europe by Oracle. She is listed as the number one Influencer in the UK by Career Experts and is a recipient for a Global Women Champions Award for her outstanding contribution and leadership in business.